Here you can download the submitted by the JANPA work packages to the
European Commission. WP1 and WP3 deliverables are released for internal use
only, distribution is limited to consortium members.
ATTENTION: This page is currently under development. Pdf files
will be uploaded as soon as they are produced.
- D2.2 “Leaflet” The information leaflet gives the basic project
information to the stakeholders and is translated in all the partners’
- D2.4-5-7-9-11-12 “Newsletter” A total of 12 newsletters will be
disseminated during the entire course of the project: 6 among the
stakeholders and 6 to the DG SANTE.
- D2.13 “The layman version of the final report” This short summary,
translated by the partners in their national language, contains the
results and conclusions of the project.
- D2.14 “Position paper” Defined with the support of all WP leaders,
the document includes models and strong recommendations for the
implementation of JANPA results.
- D4.1 “Evidence paper and study protocols”
(pdf 4 Mb) Review of published
academic and grey literature and other materials from participating
countries. The study protocols will specify the methodology and
modelling approach to be used.
- D4.2 “Report on country-specific prevalence and impact studies”
These reports will focus on describing present-day childhood obesity and
current obesity trends and lifetime impacts.
- D4.3 “Report on country-specific costing studies”. These reports
will focus on the lifetime costs of present-day childhood obesity and
- D4.4 “Report on country-specific forecasting studies”. These reports
will focus on the effect on 1% and 5% reductions in the prevalence of
childhood obesity on lifetime impacts and costs.
- Croatia, Italy and Portugal are participating in basic studies;
Greece, Ireland, Romania and Slovenia are participating in advanced
studies. The aim of the more advanced studies is to strengthen the
methodology of the basic studies, assist in the interpretation of
country-specific findings, explore grading of country-specific findings
and build capacity in participating EU Member states.
- D4.5 “Briefing for EU ministers” Working brief which can then be
used by EU Member states and Ministers of Health as an evidence base for
additional measures to fight the childhood obesity epidemic.
- D5.1 “Best practices inventory and guidelines for improving the
collection and use (both by stakeholders and by consumers) of
nutritional food information” The report identifies available food
information, analyzes uses of food information for nutrition policy and
presents use and understanding of food information by families.
- D5.2 “Pilot study and identification of participants in a monitoring
network”. This document presents nutritional composition comparisons,
best reformulations and possible improvements.
- D6.1 “Definition and criteria for good practices”
(pdf 957 kb). This document
contains a definition and good practice criteria in relation to
childhood obesity prevention in kindergartens and schools, with special
attention to the issues of sustainability and inequalities in health.
- D6.2 “Final report of the existing model good practices” Overview
and analysis of the collected good practices, including specific
recommendations for the final guidance document.
- D6.3 “Final Guidance document on the integrated approach and its
potentials” Addressed to programme planners and decision makers, this
guide includes key lessons, main facilitators and barriers for the
successful implementation of policy measures and national initiatives in
kindergartens and schools.
- D6.4 “Web-based toolbox for program planners and decision makers”.
- It helps programme planners and decision makers to design and
implement effective interventions.
- D7.1 “Definition and criteria of good practice for overweight and obesity prevention
programs targeted to families during pregnancy, breastfeeding and early infancy”
(pdf 616 kb). It reviews the policies and actions of
nutrition and physical activity that are specifically targeted for
pregnant mothers and families with small children, that are being
implemented by both government and non-governmental organizations.
- D7.2 “Report of case studies in Member States” (pdf 1 Mb) This document
evaluates and analyzes examples of actions in European countries.
- D7.3 “Report on conditions for successful implementation and
transferability of actions” In this document information from on-going
interventions is collected and analyzed in terms of conditions for
successful implementation and transferability of actions.
- D7.5 “Final report including information/data on national policies
and activities in each MS” This report summarizes procedures for
developing, monitoring and evaluating policies across Europe, to prevent
childhood obesity during early life.